“The Story Of King Minos”, Literacy In Primary School
The Story Of King Minos
A reading and writing pack for Grade 4, Grade 5 and Grade 6, it is six pages in hand-print.
Theseus killed the Minotaur, owned by King Minos, and escaped from Crete. Theseus and Icarus escaped too. But Icarus flew too close to the sun and crashed to the earth.
Who Uses This Literacy Pack
- Children read these well known stories in readable, hand-printed English.
- The text is followed by language tasks about the plots of the story,
- and common and different elements in the plots.
- There is a question about the characters and
- a true/false set.
- This 6-page item is suitable for Grades 4, 5 and 6.
- It is hand-printed in , giving children experience in reading hand-writing.
Any parent can download, print and teach their Grade 4 to 6 child, using these ready-to-use learning materials. Share the reading task by taking it in turns with your child. Then work through the literacy activity. I have used this material in my own tutoring of children and I am making it available to parents for their use.
Priced in Aus$.
The Story Of King Minos.
The Story Of King Minos is a reading and writing activity for Grades 4, 5 and 6.
Summary of The Story Of King Minos
Theseus, Prince of Athens, killed the Minotaur. King Minos of Crete demanded beautiful, young people to feed to the Minataur. And Icarus flew too close to the sun. These stories merge in this account. The most difficult words are design, labyrinth, and neighbours.
This is a:
- 4-page recount of a well-known story.
- It is hand-printed to model good writing.
- Children read the story and
- complete the 2-pages of writing activities.
- Activities include a question about story plots,
- a true and false list,
- sorting out the characters and
- drawing up a table of similarities and differences.
Who Uses This Worksheet Set
Parents can download, print and teach from this ready-to-use learning pack. It is suitable for Middle Primary School students. Price in Aus$.
Below is one link to a Page that will help in the teaching task. Other Pages will also inform and provide loads of practical pointers.
A Similar Item
A Funeral For Jay is a story about a child whose pet dies. She and her brother hold a secret funeral. This item targets words with silent n as in hymn and autumn. There are emotional aspects to the story to encourage children in empathy and kindness.