Temperate Forest Biome, Grade 5 and 6
Temperate Forest Biome is a 5-page science and literacy package for Grades 5 and 6. With a 3-page reading task, it is followed by two pages of science literacy activities, including classification, matching definitions and finding key features of the biome.
Parents and other adults can use this material successfully on a one to one basis or in small intensive groups. It is probably two half hour lessons in length.
It builds on similar material for Grades 3 and 4. Other biomes are available for these year levels as well. See below for links.
Reasonable duplication is allowed under this Copyright for teaching purposes in any group size.
Temperate Forest Biome
Temperate Forest Biome is a 5-page science and literacy package for Grades 5 and 6. It builds on similar packs for other grades. Here are the links:
What Is In This Package
- three pages of reading with diagrams,
- at the correct literacy level for these grades;
- classifying the leaves as sclerophyll or broad leaf;
- matching meanings of subject specific words, and
- finding key features of this biome from the text,
- and writing them out in the table provided.
Parents and other adults can use this material easily on a one to one basis or with a small group.
This link provides several paragraphs of reading about this biome as an ecosystem. The language level is right for this age group and well expressed.